For more information, please send an email, and I'll get back to you promptly; I look forward to hearing from you.
How I work with clients:
Some hire me for one-off assignments – writing a bio, LinkedIn profile, customer success story; overhauling the content for an existing website or creating content for a new one; or even just proofreading.
I work for others on a ongoing basis as a consultant, handling a range of day-to-day or week-to-week writing, communication or social media responsibilities. This works out well for clients who want regular help with their communications and marketing, but don’t have enough work for a full-time position.
I generally charge by the hour, and my rates vary according to the type of work involved (i.e., I charge more for copywriting and strategy and less for proofreading). Please get in touch for more information on projects and rates: email@example.com
RESUME and quick samples
I have included some stories about current and past projects under the Portfolio tab, but here are a few quick links to learn more about my background and see some writing samples:
- Client Dark Horse Woodworks' website; I write all of the content and, with Dark Horse input, write the blog.
- The backstory on how I work with Dark Horse.
- My take on how to tell a great story.
- My portfolio of project stories.
COACHING VIA COACH.ME
Interested in experimenting with writing/creative habit coaching? Visit my page on Coach.me.
(You can read more about my coaching with coach.me on the 'What I do for clients' page.)
PAST CLIENTS AND EMPLOYERS
- New Line Cinema, New York, NY, and Decipher, Inc., Norfolk, VA
- Dark Horse Woodworks, cabinetry and design studio, Atlanta, GA
- Northland Woodworks, cabinetry and design studio, Blaine, MN
- GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC
- The News and Observer, Raleigh, NC
- McClatchy Newspapers, Raleigh, NC
- Open Media Research Institute, Prague, Czech Republic
- Produxs, user experience (UX) design firm, Seattle, WA
- UpTop, UX design, development and usability research firm, Seattle, WA
- SAS, business analytics software, Cary, NC
- Duke Center for Eating Disorders, Durham, NC
- Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, Durham, NC
- Public Citizen, Washington, DC
- Worldwatch Institute, Washington, DC
- Rain Water Solutions, Inc., Raleigh, NC
- Clarkston Consulting, Durham, NC
- Children's Dentistry and Orthodontics, Virginia Beach, VA
- Paint Sundries Solutions, Kirkland, WA
- OTTO Creative Marketing, Norfolk, VA
- Collegebound, mentoring, scholarship program, Washington, DC
- Waterfront Publishing, Charleston, SC